Monday, April 20, 2009

We have Babies...

We have Babies.. As you can see there is a little head sticking up in the blue bird box on the old post. there is another one in the nest, but when I went to get my camera, little brother bird would not pop up..
I'm shocked that the birds had babies in this box. the front has been broken/chewed out.. The blue bird couple has had their nest in this box for several years. The Replacement box is sitting in the cabin. I was going to replace the old one until I saw that there were babies. We'll wait until the younguns are up and out of the nest, then we'll put up the new one.
I love the blue birds. They are my favorite birds in our yard here. I finally saw a cardinal, another favorite. When we winter here we feed the birds. There are always 50 + birds at our feeders. Sometimes there are 6 or more cardinals vying for the best feeding position. I love to get out my bird book out and see what types are here. Some winter here, some live here year round.
The other birds I love are the hummingbirds. I haven't seen any yet. I usually have my feeders up by now. We'll be leaving in a couple of weeks, so I've decided to forgo feeding them this year. It's fun to watch them come to the flowering trees and bushes in the yard.. they dart in and out and are not afraid to buzz your nose..
I love it when we have babies.. I love to listen to their calls and I love to watch their parents try to keep all the little mouths full of yummy bugs and seeds.. They like most babies are very demanding..
Posted by Picasa