Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sweet Kids, Sweet potato Casserole

I found another photo of us kids. This one is is taken after I got my glasses.. 1963.. I just turned 5. Keith is in his little suit coat.. how cute is he??? precious.. and then there is Kay.. Kay came to us as a foster kid.. my parents were considering adopting 2 more kids.. the boy, Kevin, only stayed with us for a couple of weeks.. Kay came and stayed for over a year.. I loved Kay.. we shared a room and toys.. she was so sweet.. I don't know why we didn't get to keep her.. (my 5 yr. old thinking) I have often wondered whatever happened to Kay.. (not her real name, I don't know what it would have been)
Here we are.. us girls in our blue ensembles, white hats and white gloves.. along with our baskets full of eggs and candy..
Three sweet kids..

Now here is a copy cat recipe for Boston market's Sweet potato Casserole.. our family loves it..

Copy Cat Boston Market Sweet Potato Casserole
3- large sweet potatoes, or 3- 15oz cans of sweet potatoes (I buy the canned ones, easier and faster)
1- cup white sugar
2- eggs
1- stick butter or margarine softened
1- teaspoon vanilla

boil the sweet potatoes until tender, remove skins when cool enough to handle. or Just pour the canned sweet potatoes (well drained) in a large bowl.. Whip until fluffy.. add the sugar, eggs, margarine, and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.. pour into a greased casserole dish and top with the Crunch Topping.. (see below)

Crunch Topping:
1/3- cup melted butter
1/3- cup flour
1- cup brown sugar
1- cup chopped pecans
1- tablespoon cinnamon...
mix together and then spread around on top of the casserole...
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes..
Posted by Picasa