Sunday, June 27, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Saturday I learned some New Things..
- Sparkly pink "Hello Kitty" shoes DO NOT come in my size.. (humph)
2. I should have started looking for Stick Horses a few weeks ago. I procrastinated to long. I came home with one. I'm hoping to borrow a couple more... ( for Vacation Bible School)
3. Cowboys are not a readily available toy anymore. This one kind of bugs me. Our Theme for VBS this year "Is Saddle Back Ranch" Rounding up Questions, Driving home answers. I want cowboy/western theme stuff for our kickoff/pre-registration event and for my class. Alas Cowboys are no longer in style. I found plenty of Transforming, superhero, type heroes, but the Heroes of the West have rode off into the sunset.
I loved playing Cowboys... They were always good guys, they were always the winners, they always saved the day... Today the only thing I could find were some badges ( I got the last ones) and a few toy guns and holsters.
I understand the movement away from Cowboys. Especially when the only things available are guns, but I sure will miss them...
4. I really like graduation Open House Parties... This year was special for several reasons, but one reason was this week... This week Kayla, one of our Daughter's friends Daughter (did you catch that) graduated. It was weird. I just kept thinking all day.. There is no way 19 have past since Sue and Shelly graduated.. no way.. and no way has Kayla graduated... I was reminded several times that, Yes Way... Wow.. feeling old is creepy some days..
5. One should NEVER try dancing on a knee that is 5 weeks out from Surgery. If one does, she will be in pain, and limping on Monday morning..
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
With map in hand I traveled to Tormville, (not a town name) the place where My Torm's hang out. What a delight to finally meet cousin Sharyn and the kids. I had seen her at both of the Pennala reunions, but with all those people it's impossible to sit and have the kind of good long visit you need to get to know someone. Thankfully cuz Sharyn blogs so I've gotten to know her and the family well through her writings and photos. I had been so impressed by the "car wash" post that I was thrilled to see it was at the ready. The kids volunteered to show me how it worked, you can tell it was a sad chore, but they held up well as they showed me just how it was done.
Sharyn was on the set up committee for the Annual Sunday School Picnic (their Church has one each year) I remember as a young girl going to Church with my Papa and attending the picnic one year. Wow has it grown. Sharyn said they served 2000 through the line in about 40 minutes. It was an amazing site to behold. All those Pennala's, All those Finn's. It was just glorious.
This is Malia, It was her Graduation party. I was so glad that she had invited me to come. She is the one who got the ball rolling. Sharyn suggested I make a weekend of it.. I'm so glad.