Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh, No, Not Again....

Well, I did it again.. I hurt my knee.. I'm not sure how I did it.. or I should say, I know what I did, but don't know why my knee reacted so violently....

It all started as you know, if you have read my last few entries, with Knee surgery on the 6th of May... I just finished up physical therapy 2 weeks ago. A week ago we had some stuff at Church and I spent pretty much 3 days on my feet.. I over did it.. no one to blame but myself for not paying attention..

So my knee is all inflamed and swollen and hurts like crazy...
I rested it, Iced it and went on about my business..

This past Friday, I took a trip with the girls up to Midland to celebrate their mom's birthday... We had a great time.. ate at "Genghis Khan", had ice cream at the local DQ.. went grocery shopping and headed back to Sue's house...
My knee hurt, but nothing I couldn't deal with when I got back home.

I grabbed a couple bags of groceries and headed to the porch..
The steps are narrow and tilted.. I went to step up on the second step.. and whammmmo.. something popped behind my knee, something cracked like a shotgun going off.. and I was suddenly on the ground screaming in pain... not good.. not good at all..

The girls got me inside the house and on the bed... I was sure I was going to pass out.. but I didn't.. finally when I was able I sat up.. I discovered I couldn't put any weight on the leg at all...

after much discussion I decided the easiest way for me to get out to the truck was to crawl out.. quite a little show for the neighbors.. LOL and us..
I finally crawled my way out of the house and to the truck.. The girls got me up and in the passenger seat.. Sue drove us back down to the house..

My trip to the clinic.. revealed no breaks, and no major tears in the big ligaments that hold my leg together..
I have to follow up on Monday with my family Dr. most likely I have pulled some muscles and maybe injured a tendon or two...
I'm guessing I'll get a brace and will probably get more P.T. whoopee, not.. anyway.. I'm praising God I didn't break anything..

This time I'm going to lay around and do nothing.. like I'm suppose to.
hopefully it will only take a week or two to get my knee to a tolerable pain level.. good grief..