Hey friends.. Thought I would tell you something rather interesting.. I use the site Swagbucks. Yep I swag.. LOL I heard how great it was. FYI you get Swagbucks "virtual bucks" for doing things like searches on the web, playing games, participating in polls, looking for secret codes, and taking "trusted surveys". Then you can take all those bucks you win and use them in the Swagstore to buy all kinds of cool stuff. I like to purchase the Amazon gift cards. I have several of them. I just apply them to my amazon acct. as credits and can use them anytime on any purchase I make on Amazon.com .
I'm telling you all of this for this reason. I have finally figured out something really interesting. I qualify for practically none of the surveys. LOL that's right. I think I have qualified for 3, maybe 4. I have attempted tons of them, and believe me they offer plenty of them.
I guess I don't fall into the correct demographics. I don't use all the high tech phones, I don't download music or play video games on my XBox 360. I don't drink alcohol, and I don't invest in any mutual funds or CD's. We don't have any kids at home. (apparently dogs and cat kids don't count) We don't travel by air, nor do we stay in hotels on vacations.
We aren't planning on buying a new vehicle in 6 months. We are old and full of aches and pains, but no exciting ailments. We don't go to movies, tho I do rent them. We are both over 50, well hubby is over 60. and we don't work.
Apparently NO ONE wants to know my opinion about anything. LOL no one.. Seriously we still have our teeth so the denture folks don't even care about us yet.
I told my friend Cindy, who Swagbucks too, all about my pitful self. She laughed. Apparently if it wasn't for her 2 kids she wouldn't qualify for any surveys either. She is 40 now. That must be the kiss of death for Survey taking..
I hope you have better luck then me. For now I'll have to get my Swagbucks other ways. I'll keep trying those surveys and hoping that someday, someone, somewhere, will want to have my opinion about their product or their services.. Someone.. Someday.. (big sigh)
Till then.. If you don't Swag.. check it out here. I warn you.. if you are over 40 they won't care.
This is a picture of Husband's brother and his grandson...
I love garden planting time. It reminds me of the trust and faith I place in God.
I Plant that little weird looking seed, amazing how it doesn't resemble the final product at all, and Trust completely that it will grow something green and will make something yummy.
This year has been weird. It's been really wet and cool. We have also had a few hot and steamy days too. It took a while for the garden to dry up enough to rototiller. When husband could finally get out there and get it worked up, one end was still to wet, and the other to hard and dry. We fell behind time wise. It all went in a little later then normal.
Husband decided to get the plants and seeds the other day. I had my Troop box packing meeting and prayer meeting at Church. I figured that we would plant the garden the next day. I was wrong.
When I got home, seeds, and plants were planted, and hubby was finishing up the watering.
There are green onions, radishes, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers.
I kind of wish he would have waited for me. I feel like I missed out on some special moment.
I love digging in the dirt. I love planting and then praying for God's blessing on it.
I'm praying that our little garden will produce abundantly. I am so ready to enjoy a big ripe tomato.
I see it's been a while since I've posted anything. I guess I need to Katch-U-Up on all the exciting activity.
1. I've started attending a new Bible Study group on Mondays. It's great. It's a few of us from Church, a great time of visiting and study. We started out in a home, but have decided to move to the Church so more can attend.
2. I only have one or two kids I know of graduating this year. A huge difference from the 30 or so last year.
3. So far this month I've bought about $300 worth of groceries and have paid less then $50 for them.
4. I got gas with my Kroger card and .30 off.. for 3.45.. I was elated. how sad.. I can't believe how thrilled I was to pay less then $3.50 a gallon for gas. something is just not right with this.
5. I can now carry a few groceries and make it up our steps. don't tell hubby.. I really like his bringing them all in for me.
6. Went to the dentist, cleaning x-rays, no ins.. about $123.. visited again yesterday with a toothache. Conservative plan cost me $203.. with a 50% chance it won't help much.
7. My yearly trip to the vet with the girls. They are terrified of the vet. We have a system. I take them in one at a time, put on their muzzle, and the nice girl with the big smile wrestles them away from me, takes them in the back and clips their nails, draws blood, gives all the necessary and required vaccinations, and brings them back for me to wrestle out to the car. We all got a treat and a nap when I got home. whew..
8. Packed my 4 soldier boxes with Cute baby things.. Our baby box.. it's OK, I thought it weird at first too, but once I saw all the really cute and funny stuff.. like diapers with mustard and no bake cookies.. (go ahead let your imagination run wild) I knew it was gonna be an unforgettable box. Can't wait to pack the next box on wed. we are doing 4th of July.. my Soldiers are gonna be looking cool in their patriotic tats and necklaces, with the matching sunglasses and hats..
9. It's been HOT.. I've grilled out a couple more times. I now cook enough meat on the grill for several days worth of meals. I hate wasting all that good grill flavor on 2 or 3 pieces of meat.
10. Our Pastor has resigned. I am so sad to see him leave us. We have all come to love him and his sweet wife. I know God has great plans for him. I also know God has great plans for us as His Church. He has a Pastor in mind for us already.. we just have to get ready for him and he has to get ready for us. LOL
It's easy at a time like this to become discouraged and want to quit serving, or quit doing things since "the new guy may change it when he comes" I'm so glad that our Deacons are making sure that isn't going to happen. I'm excited to see where God is leading us.
As you already know it's Hot.. I love it. I love the summer and all the stuff that goes with it.. Watermelon, cookouts, gardens, swimming, graduation, vacations, camping, corn dogs, elephant ears, short sleeves, Ice tea, and ice cream.. I'm hoping we get a lot of all of these this summer.. hope you do to..
Good Morning from My Front Porch. I hope you have few minutes to come and sit a spell. I'll be sharing my view from the porch. I'll also be sharing my thoughts, favorite recipes, memories, and stories. pull up a chair, grab a glass of ice tea, and share some time with me.