Thursday, June 9, 2011

Katch-Up Thursday...

I see it's been a while since I've posted anything. I guess I need to Katch-U-Up on all the exciting activity. 

 1. I've started attending a new Bible Study group on Mondays. It's great. It's a few of us from Church, a great time of visiting and study. We started out in a home, but have decided to move to the Church so more can attend. 

2. I only have one or two kids I know of graduating this year. A huge difference from the 30 or so last year. 

3. So far this month I've bought about $300 worth of groceries and have paid less then $50 for them. 

4. I got gas with my Kroger card and .30 off.. for 3.45.. I was elated. how sad.. I can't believe how thrilled I was to pay less then $3.50 a gallon for gas. something is just not right with this. 

5. I can now carry a few groceries and make it up our steps. don't tell hubby.. I really like his bringing them all in for me. 

6. Went to the dentist, cleaning x-rays, no ins.. about $123..  visited again yesterday with a toothache. Conservative plan cost me $203.. with a 50% chance it won't help much. 

7. My yearly trip to the vet with the girls. They are terrified of the vet. We have a system. I take them in one at a time, put on their muzzle, and the nice girl with the big smile wrestles them away from me, takes them in the back and clips their nails, draws blood, gives all the necessary and required vaccinations, and brings them back for me to wrestle out to the car. We all got a treat and a nap when I got home. whew.. 

8. Packed my 4 soldier boxes with Cute baby things.. Our baby box.. it's OK, I thought it weird at first too, but once I saw all the really cute and funny stuff.. like diapers with mustard and no bake cookies.. (go ahead let your imagination run wild)  I knew it was gonna be an unforgettable box. Can't wait to pack the next box on wed. we are doing 4th of July.. my Soldiers are gonna be looking cool in their patriotic tats and necklaces, with the matching sunglasses and hats.. 

9. It's been HOT.. I've grilled out a couple more times. I now cook enough meat on the grill for several days worth of meals. I hate wasting all that good grill flavor on 2 or 3 pieces of meat. 

10. Our Pastor has resigned. I am so sad to see him leave us. We have all come to love him and his sweet wife. I know God has great plans for him. I also know God has great plans for us as His Church. He has a Pastor in mind for us already.. we just have to get ready for him and he has to get ready for us. LOL  
It's easy at a time like this to become discouraged and want to quit serving, or quit doing things since "the new guy may change it when he comes"  I'm so glad that our Deacons are making sure that isn't going to happen. I'm excited to see where God is leading us. 

As you already know it's Hot.. I love it. I love the summer and all the stuff that goes with it.. Watermelon, cookouts, gardens, swimming, graduation, vacations, camping, corn dogs, elephant ears, short sleeves, Ice tea, and ice cream..  I'm hoping we get a lot of all of these this summer.. hope you do to.. 

till next time..  stay cool..