Friday, June 17, 2011

The Garden Is Planted...

This is a picture of Husband's brother and his grandson... 

I love garden planting time. It reminds me of the trust and faith I place in God.
 I Plant that little weird looking seed, amazing how it doesn't resemble the final product at all, and Trust completely that it will grow something green and will make something yummy. 

This year has been weird. It's been really wet and cool. We have also had a few hot and steamy days too. It took a while for the garden to dry up enough to rototiller. When husband could finally get out there and get it worked up, one end was still to wet, and the other to hard and dry. We fell behind time wise. It all went in a little later then normal. 

Husband decided to get the plants and seeds the other day. I had my Troop box packing meeting and prayer meeting at Church. I figured that we would plant the garden the next day. I was wrong. 
When I got home, seeds, and plants were planted, and hubby was finishing up the watering. 

There are green onions, radishes, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers. 
I kind of wish he would have waited for me. I feel like I missed out on some special moment. 
I love digging in the dirt. I love planting and then praying for God's blessing on it. 

I'm praying that our little garden will produce abundantly. I am so ready to enjoy a big ripe tomato.