Monday, June 14, 2010

New Things I learned This Week...

I like learning New Things... I bet you do too.. Sometimes the New Things I learn are exciting. Sometimes they are Fun, and Sometimes they are a little Sad.

Saturday I learned some New Things..
  1. Sparkly pink "Hello Kitty" shoes DO NOT come in my size.. (humph)

2. I should have started looking for Stick Horses a few weeks ago. I procrastinated to long. I came home with one. I'm hoping to borrow a couple more... ( for Vacation Bible School)

3. Cowboys are not a readily available toy anymore. This one kind of bugs me. Our Theme for VBS this year "Is Saddle Back Ranch" Rounding up Questions, Driving home answers. I want cowboy/western theme stuff for our kickoff/pre-registration event and for my class. Alas Cowboys are no longer in style. I found plenty of Transforming, superhero, type heroes, but the Heroes of the West have rode off into the sunset.

I loved playing Cowboys... They were always good guys, they were always the winners, they always saved the day... Today the only thing I could find were some badges ( I got the last ones) and a few toy guns and holsters.

I understand the movement away from Cowboys. Especially when the only things available are guns, but I sure will miss them...

4. I really like graduation Open House Parties... This year was special for several reasons, but one reason was this week... This week Kayla, one of our Daughter's friends Daughter (did you catch that) graduated. It was weird. I just kept thinking all day.. There is no way 19 have past since Sue and Shelly graduated.. no way.. and no way has Kayla graduated... I was reminded several times that, Yes Way... Wow.. feeling old is creepy some days..

and finally:

5. One should NEVER try dancing on a knee that is 5 weeks out from Surgery. If one does, she will be in pain, and limping on Monday morning..