Monday, April 6, 2009

Let them Eat Cake.... Goofy Cake

This is a picture of my Brother Keith. Isn't he the cutest thing??? LOL guess I'm a little prejudice.. Keith and I got to help mother in the kitchen often. This is Keith's first Goofy cake.
I don't have a picture of my first cake. We got to add the stuff to the bowl and then we got to run the old electric beater. We were allowed to carry our creation to the supper table.
We always ate at the table in the dinning room. The kitchen table was for breakfast and lunch only.. funny, I miss the dinning room table. Husband and I now eat in the living room in front of the TV. The dinning room table holds my computer.. hmmm I would move it if I could..
OK, here is your chance.. grab a kid, any kid.. don't have any kids.. well make this fun cake anyway.. it's easy and yummy. go ahead and make any type of White frosting you like best.. go ahead and cheat if you want to.. get the stuff in the can. No one will know, unless you have a kid help.. they spill their guts to all.. bake the cake, and let the kid carry it to the dinning room.. stand up and cheer.. yep, if you have a dinning room table.. go ahead and use it..

Goofy Cake

preheat oven 375... baking time is about 30 minutes..

Sift (you can do this or not, up to you) together in a bowl the following ingredients:
1 -1/2 cups all purpose flour (if you use self rising flour omit the baking soda and salt)
1- teaspoon baking soda
1/2 -teaspoon salt
1- cup white sugar
3- Tablespoons Cocoa
If you don't sift this you need to mix it together..

In another bowl mix together:
1/3- cup oil
1- Tablespoon white vinegar
1- cup water
1- teaspoon vanilla

combine the liquids with the dry ingredients and beat with a mixer until smooth.
(Lick the beaters)
pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean...
Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.. we usually had cream cheese frosting on this.