Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cinnamon apple salad


This is me.. 1961.. what a cutie.. LOL I think this is me with my basket before putting my dress for church on.. I'd have to study the two photos together..
I love those shoes, don't you.. I was 3 yrs old.. this is just before I got my glasses.
one of my favorite places to go and eat was at Grandma's. Grandma was an excellent cook. I guess all grandma's are. I think it's because we've cooked about 234 gazillion meals and we know what we make well and what we don't.
Grandma always wore an apron. you never saw her in the house without one. There were special aprons just for good. They came out after Church on Easter Sunday.. and before we ate dinner. They were pristine.. unlike me.. I can walk through the kitchen and get something that will stain permanently on me..anyway, she always used the good dishes on Sunday.. the table pad would go on along with the pretty tablecloth.. then the fancy glasses, and dishes. there was always a special molded jello salad of some sort.. this is one of those salads.. Grandma always served her Jello salad's on salad plates. the plate always had a pretty piece of bib lettuce on it.. with the jello placed on top.. it was almost to pretty to eat..

Cinnamon Apple Salad
1- pkg. (small) raspberry jello
1- cup water
1/4- cup cinnamon candies ( cinnamon imperials, or red hots)
1- can (14-16 oz) applesauce..

place water in a sauce pan and heat.. dissolve the jello and candies in the water.. Cool, then add the applesauce.. pour into a jello mold, or a pretty glass bowl.. chill till firm..
this is Delicious..