Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Sunday at our house, Kidney Bean Salad..


This is a picture of my Brother Keith and I in our Easter finery.
I hated the crinoline slip.. it was cute and made my dresses pooch out.. but it was soooo itchy it drove me nuts.
I think I was 3 in this photo. I may have just turned 4.. Keith was 2..
Easter was big doings at our house. We colored eggs on Saturday night before we went to bed. Then we'd leave some carrots and cabbage out for the Easter bunny.. In the morning we'd run out to the living room to find our baskets full of colored eggs, and chocolate treats of all kinds. We looked at our baskets, then ate breakfast.. then went to our rooms to find our new Easter outfits for Church.. We'd get dressed, go to Church and then would go to one of our relatives houses and eat a huge dinner..

Kidney Bean Salad
3-Cups of dark red Kidney beans drained (3 cans)
1- cup chopped sweet pickles
5- hard boiled eggs sliced.. (use some of the ones your colored)
3/4- cup diced celery
1- cup miracle Whip salad dressing..
toss together and chill..