Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Day in the Life: Day 6 Sunday....



If I had a to choose a favorite day of the week, I'd choose Sunday hands down. It's the day that I get to worship with my Church Family. It's a special time of Bible study, singing, praising, praying, and learning. It's a feast for my soul. Some weeks are difficult to navigate through. I have my own time of prayer and bible study during the week, but there's just something about Sunday. A day to re-charge, to be encouraged, to see God and myself in new ways. It's also a time of reflection. A time to see where I'm not following as I should. A time of self examination that sometimes reveals sin I was not aware of , or was intentionally overlooking. I long for Sunday. My soul revels in it and my spirit is lifted in a way that can not be duplicated during the week. God knew what He was doing when He told us not to forsake the assembling of yourselves together. He knew we would need each other to lift us up, to encourage, and to work along side us.
I am often lax in telling my Church family what they mean to me. I love them. I need them. I pray for them. I know I can count on them to pray for me.
They are God's special blessing to me.

This is Bob (white shirt), He is one of our greeters. He Greets me every Sunday morning. He is stationed by one of our back doors. You won't sneak past him. He will hug your neck and ask how you are. He really wants to know. Bob is one of the sweetest, most sincere, most loving and concerned servants of God I've ever had the privilege of knowing. I'm so glad he is part of my Church family.

This is Miss Ruby(print jacket) and Miss Robbie. Robbie is Greeter Bob's wife. These ladies have taught me a lot about how a Christian wife and mother lives. They are wonderful role models and mentors. They are steadfast in their faith. Their love for everyone knows no bounds. Miss Ruby always has a kind word and a hug. Miss Robbie notices when you are gone, she is quick to call and check on you, or drop a note and let you know you were missed. I want to be just like them.

These are two more extraordinary women. Cheryl (right) is Miss Ruby's daughter. she is so much fun. Look at that smile. Then there is miss Betty. The best chicken fryer in these parts. I love watching her, Miss Ruby, and Miss Opal cook. They have pretty much retired from kitchen duties, but you will find them in the kitchen now and then "helping". You can just see the Joy of the Lord on their faces. The best thing is that Joy also pours out onto others cause it lives in them.

I started attending Frank and Christi's Bible study class this past winter. I didn't really know most of the people in it. Oh I knew them if we passed in the hallway. But I didn't really "Know" them. I have loved getting to "Know" them. I love the discussions, ideas, perspectives. These folks are not afraid to put themselves out there. I love it. one of my friends in class refers to us as "the island of misfit toys" We are different ages (18-80) from different backgrounds, and are at different levels of Christian maturity, some would call some of us misfits.. I'm so glad that with God we all Fit...

This is another picture of the class. Frank and Christi are the couple in the back by the board. They are excellent Bible teachers. They make studying the Bible exciting.


I tried taking photos of the Praise team.. (the three girls on the platform) but every one of them was blurry. I love the music they choose to sing. It's contemporary but full of God. We are transitioning from traditional to a more contemporary service. Change is often difficult, but it keeps us on our toes. When we get to comfortable, we get stagnant...


I tried several times to get a good photo of Pastor Kevin. It just wasn't possible. LOL He moves all the time. I didn't realize how much he preaches with his hands.


This is our Pastor Kevin and his wife Debbie. A dedicated and wonderful couple. We are so Blessed to have them be part of our Fellowship...


This is Alex.. He is stationed in the fellowship hall collecting donations for one of the Student Ministries "dinners". The Students will be going on a Mission trip to Chicago this summer. The Students work at various activities to raise money to pay for their trip. Alex looked so sweet I had to make a donation...

Some of the Students and Teachers dishing up the dinner. Sloppy Joes, Chips, and coleslaw.


I made my donation to lunch at Church.. Hubby wanted grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for lunch.. I made them and then it was back to the room. clean, sort, toss, organize, condense, move to the place where it belongs, re-locate, and finally after about 25 hours I was done...


I finally finished it up. I didn't get the drawers cleaned out. Nor did I get the file cabinets organized, but all the junk is out of here and I can breath and enjoy my time here. It is not a place of chaos but of peace and rest now... I collect perfume bottles, and other dresser things. I told hubby I really need shelves to put them on. He agreed some maybe he will get a chance to make me some this summer.

I love looking at the nice clean area. Now don't get me wrong, The room needs painting in a bad way. the foundation of the house has settled and there are cracks. there is a hole in the ceiling from when the guys put in the new rafters. the house is old and needs an update.. but all in all it's a much more pleasant place to be.