Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Day in the Life: Day 5 Saturday.. What a day !!!

I can't believe that it's Saturday already. Where has the time gone. I'm already on day 5.. you know my morning routine. It is not the same as far as breakfast or when I get started, but it's usually pretty uneventful.

This morning I thought I'd peak at the lilacs. They are opening up. I wish you could smell them. in another day or two they will all be open and sending their perfume through the yard.

I thought this photo turned out kind of cool. I love taking pictures. I'm not very good at it, so I take tons of them and then weed through and pick out the ones that are pretty good..

I had to make another trip to Meijers. There were some good deals on TV dinners and Hubby wanted me to get some extra. He thinks they are pretty good for lunch. I decided on McDonalds for lunch. We haven't had their fish sandwiches in a while, and thought they would be a good change. Yes, I know probably more fat in the frying and the tater sauce and cheese then in a burger. They are yummy. very yummy...

I have a party tonight. My Niece and great Niece (her daughter) have graduated from College. They are now officially Dental Hygienists. It's very exciting as they both have worked long and hard for the past 6 yrs. I'm so proud of them. More about that later. All of us party attendees were asked to bring a dish. I know the girls love Dump cake. It's easy peasy to make and then it just bakes and your done. I'll add the recipe later. but you will see the basic ingredients except for the butter in the photo.

Here is the cake all baked. It didn't really brown the way I like, but I had about a 1 inch sliver the width of the pan left over when I brought the dish home. It's very yummy...


Some of you wonder why my Special Soldiers and Marines like my little additions to their boxes. This is why.. LOL fudge, jerky, homemade cookies, m & m's, and oreos.

The big weekend project is to clean out my room. It has been the catch all for everything over the past 10 yrs or so. If there wasn't a place elsewhere it was stuck in here. There is also all my craft stuff that can't get damp or be in places where there are huge temperature changes. I have filing cabinets full of papers, crafts, Bible studies, and just piles in here. I took condensed, tossed, and moved all kinds of things. It took me 5 hours to clean the first 3 feet. I still look in shock at it. after 25 hrs. of hard work the room is looking good. You will see those photos on Day 6.

The guests of honor at the Party. Heather and Mom Melissa.


There were toasts and gag gifts from Ken, Melissa's special friend. We had no idea that at the end of the gifts He would tell Melissa that the gifts for her were done, and he thought she should give him a gift. He hit his knee and proposed. We were all stunned. None of us knew except for Melissa's parents. Ken had made a trip down a couple of weeks earlier to ask their Blessing.
Ken is an exceptional man and Melissa is a very special woman. It is so thrilling to be part of their new forever journey. The party really got under way and there was lots and lots of celebrating.

The ring was oohed and ahhed over appropriately.


The evening ended for me a little early. I had a room to work on cleaning. On our way out the Karaoke machine had been fired up and Ken sang the first song "White Wedding" to Melissa. It was so sweet. I can't wait for the wedding.