Friday, May 14, 2010

Ahhh A wonderful Shower...

Ahhhh A Wonderful Shower...

I finally got into the shower today for the first time in a week.
OK, OK, it's not because I'm some kind of a weirdo freak unwashed person, but because I had knee surgery a week ago.
My knee feels somewhat wobbly, but good; so I decided today was the day.

I'm a Bath girl. I love long, hot, bubble filled bathtubs. good for relaxing and washing.

I am NOT a shower girl.

The time had come...
I had hubby at the ready "just in case". Surveyed the shower, arranged soap, shampoo, fluffy scrubby, towels, bandages, clothes, and hair stuff.
I realized I could grab and hold onto the window sill, so I told hubby to sit in the living room and I'd call if I needed help.

In I went. The step up was higher then I remembered, but I was in. whew... now to get the water on.. hmmm waiting waiting.. OK,
finally water, and let's see, I guess I pull up on this thing.... waiting..
yowwwww.. the water is cold.. whew.. there it goes.. warm.

after the shock wore off I was showering like an old pro. I even got the hair washed and was out in under 7 minutes.

Not to bad for bath girl.

It was good. I felt clean and new. Fresh and happy.

How did God know that such a small thing as a bath or a shower could make us feel human, glorious, fresh, and New.
I'm glad for that feeling. To often in my busy life I forget how wonderful little things like warm water, shampoo, and soap with a scrubby can feel.

Today I had a shower, and it was wonderful.