Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Day in the Life: Day 3- Thursday...


Wow, what a great day.
It started off with our usual routine. Take dogs out, coffee, take dogs out, news of the day, take dogs out, shower, dress, take dogs out.... I think I see a pattern here.
We met our Marine and his mom for breakfast. The Starlight has a great breakfast.

This is our very own, Very Special Marine Nathan. I got his name from his Aunt. Nathan has been deployed and she knew that I belonged to a Troop Support group that packs boxes for Deployed Troops. I got the address and asked to adopt him.
Adopting a name off our list means that I am committing to pack that Troop's boxes and add letter or some little extra special thing if I choose to.
Nate's Special thing was Milky Way bars. He didn't care that it was 130 degrees, he wanted one. We made a joke of it sending Milky Way Soup in every box. At those Temps the bar melted. So I would take it out of the wrapper, place it in one of those plastic disposable containers, tape the wrapper to the container along with a spoon. He loved it.
I even got a call about 2 am from Iraq. It was Nathan, that was cool.
I soon discovered he was raised not to far from here. I met his wonderful family. They were a joy and it has been a wonderful blessing to get to know all of them.
I feel so blessed that Nathan makes time whenever he is home to see us.

I really love this photo. The two of them were checking out a video on YouTube.
Talk about high tech.

Hubby and Nathan have a special bond. One that only men who have been in combat can truly understand.


This is one of my favorites.



I wanted a good picture of this tattoo. Nathan has a bunch of them. Some to remember his time being deployed and some to remember friends who gave their lives.
I have always wanted a tattoo. I know, it's crazy.


After we left the restaurant we decided to run to an estate sale we had seen earlier in the day. I don't often go to these sales. I have some issues with IBS and being somewhere that I don't have a restroom available is not an option. Today I found that a friend lived across the street, so we stopped. I found a few treasures. A Pyrex 3 qt bowl with cover, and insulated bag for $5, some cute doilies for $.50, a set of Christmas kitchen towels/pot holder for $1, some bright orange Tupperware measuring cups for $.25, the pretty blue colander for $1, some lawn chairs for $2. and hubby got a wrench for another $1.


After we got home I took a walk around the yard and found a few beauties.
First the lilac bushes are starting to bud out.
The frost killed off a lot of buds, but there are still a few survivors.

Next, the flower that grows best in any yard we've ever had...
DANDELIONS


I attempted to get a photo of me from the front working on my blog post.
Didn't happen. My back is as good as it gets.

Saw this little fellow out my Kitchen window. Just a few minutes earlier hubby had seen a deer in the back of our yard by the fence. Maybe I will luck out and get a picture of one before the end of the week.


We finally decided that the reason why we were hungry is because we hadn't eaten supper and it was 7pm. so I grabbed a pizza. amazing how they just don't seem to look like the picture on the box. This was one of my $1 sale bargains.


This post was probably Not the one to add this to, but these dogs crack me up. Rosie sits intently on hubby's lap while he eats. Sissy waits patiently at his feet hoping beyond hope that a piece of food will fall off the plate.
Their eyes never leave the hand with the food in it..


After hubby is finished eating he lets the girls lick the plate. OK, don't get sick. I wash them good, tho we do like to tease company that when the dogs are done with them we can just put them back in the cupboard they're so clean. LOL
They do this little dance for a chance to lick a plate.


Well the day is over, the garbage was put out, cat box was cleaned, tomato plants were put outside for a bit, supper was baked and eaten. Now it's time to stretch out and think about what I have planned tomorrow.