Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Love This Sign...

I LOVE this sign.. I've passed by it for several weeks. I have wanted to take a photo of it. I realized the day I took this picture that they had changed the wording a little. For a couple of weeks it had read " Don't forget to order you Easter Kielbasa".. LOL I love it.. Easter Kielbasa, who knew??? Not me. I have never had Easter Kielbasa. I feel like I've really missed out on something.

Each Easter our Family dinner, from my youngest days until this past Easter weekend, have included all types of yummy Easter fare. Golden Hams, spiral cut hams, Country hams, glazed hams, Turkey baked and deep fried, Mashed potatoes, potato salad, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes mashed, candied, and casseroled. Then there are the veggies, kidney bean salad, corn, green beans plain and in the traditional "green bean" casserole. We've had beats pickled and Harvard, pickles sweet and dill, relish trays, deviled eggs, white beans and cornbread, Stuffing made from white bread and cornbread, desserts of all kinds, cakes, pies, cookies.. pitchers of iced tea and lemonade. Glasses of milk, and pots of coffee..But not one Easter Kielbasa in the bunch.

I'm writing it down for next year. I'm going to add it.. I can't wait.. I know it will be special.