Saturday, April 23, 2011

What a Wonderful Surprise...

This is what I looked like Early Friday morning. 

I am still stunned by the wonderful Surprise I had early Friday morning. 
You may have read about my sister Kathy's passing this week. 
You may also remember that I spoke about a brother, the only one Mom's kids I have have never met or talked to. That all changed Friday morning. 

It was early, how early I'm not sure. I think it was before 8am. LOL since my knee surgery I have slept in quite late. Most mornings I'm not up before 10. I know, I suffer from lazy bones, anyway. The phone rang early. I ran stumbling around to pick up. I grabbed the phone, and the first thing I hear is "Karen, I'm your brother Oscar." . wow what a shock. 

I quickly got my bite plates out of my mouth. 
No one can understand me talking with those things in place. 
He loves to talk, just like me. 
We talked for a couple of hours, and then for a couple more later last night. 
Then again this afternoon for a bit. 

I'm so thrilled. He has lived in the same town with our sister Kathy for several years, maybe longer. 
He got my name and phone number from the folks at the funeral home who told him I had left a message for the family. Poor Oscar. No one had ever told him about me. 

All of us Sibling are spread out around the country.. some North, some south, 
and some out in the southwest. 
I had heard about Oscar, but he never heard about me. Quite a shock for him too. 

It's so much fun talking to him. I'll get to know him and Kathy. 
Even though she is gone, he was raised with her
 and has lived in the same town as her for several years. 
I'll get to know her through him. 
We are starting to share some of our childhood stories. 
Our likes and dislikes, what we look like and family stuff,
 like marriages, kids, grand kids.. 

I'm excited.. What a wonderful  Easter Gift.. God did it again. 
He made a way for me to find another sibling. 
He is so good.. 
He and I discussed years ago how much I needed my family. 
My brother Keith had passed (I didn't know about any other siblings then) and my adopted dad. 
They were the only immediate family I had.
 I was so angry that God had taken both of them. 
He knew how much I needed family. I told Him so. 

His timing was perfect. He gave me a whole new bunch of siblings, 
a whole new bunch of aunts, uncles, cousins.
 He gave me 2 moms.
 It's so wonderful. I am so blessed. 

Today I am thankful for a Savior 
and I'm especially thankful that He has given me another brother to love. 
God is Good.