Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I LOVE My Coupons: This Week's Shopping Trip..


  I watched extreme couponing again last night. I get all pumped up watching it. Mind you I have never bought $1200 worth of groceries for $6.97, but I save a lot anyway. By the way, Not everyone can use unlimited coupons on unlimited numbers of the item. All the stores in our area limit coupon use. Especially if they double the value of them, But I do ok. Today was really good. I even ran into my girlfriend Connie and gave her a few coupons to go with the ones she had. 
   
Today's Trip was short. I wanted Easter food. I got extra to put away since it was on sale and cheap. for example: Purex detergent Free.. so I got 3.. Miraclewhip 30oz jars were 1.50, Orville reddenboker popcorn in that new cool bowl. it was $.50 so I got 6. Sister shubert frozen dinner rolls $.50, Kraft 16oz salad dressings for $.88. Eckrich smoked sausage for $.99, Welches ref. juice blend free.. Steam fresh veggies $.30 a bag, Delmonte naturals fruit cups $.25.. * I'm miffed cause I love the citrus one and when I got it home husband reminded me that I can't eat grapefruit with the meds I take. grrr. guess the kids will get a take home fruit Sunday.. I had to get 5 items that I didn't have coupons for.. pork and beans, onions, celery, and kidney beans and potatoes. The onions and potatoes were on sale. Yay me.. 

After getting home and getting it all put away I got out the receipts. I purchased $163.50 worth of food for $50.31.  making it about 70% savings.  I get excited. I love it. I really wondered if this couponing thing would work for 2 people. It does. I also have gotten enough free deo, shampoo, bodywash, liquid soap, toothpaste, and toothbrushes, that I give it to the kids and grandkids. They also take home food from my stash, especially the grandson who isn't working. He thinks it's great that grandma has a mini store in the basement. 

I also use the free gum, mints, and candy I get for my soldiers. I also find other items really cheap for their boxes like pistachio nuts, hot sauce, breakfast bars, tuna bowls, etc. I even have enough free or low cost stuff, that I am able to donate to our Church pantry. 

Husband likes that we try new stuff with my coupons too. It's funny now when I come home from a shopping trip he no longer asks what I bought, but how much I saved.  I can't wait to tell him. 

It take some time to clip all those q-pons and to make out a list, but it is so worth the effort..