Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh Oh, No Water....

I needed this sign for my house last night. 

I was surprised to see my husband walk into our Troop Support group last night. I go and pack boxes with the group twice a month. I stood a little to long, so I decided to sit down and eat. As I finished my meal, Husband walked in kind of crabby looking. His hand were all dirty and his clothes were too.
No coy beating around the bush with him. He looked at me and said" well the pump just blew up".. What pump? The truck pump? whose pump?  

Well, it was our water pump. It has been going out for about 4 yrs; maybe longer. We bought a new pump about 3 or 4 yrs ago. Husband was worried if he changed it over we would have to have a new well. So he left well enough alone, and waited for the thing to die. 

Funny thing how we don't realize how much water we use during the day. Showers, tooth brushing, hair fixing, drinks, coffee, dishes, laundry, and my favorite Pottying and hand washing. Yep, I sure missed my water. 

Husband got the pump together. Rigged up parts to connect it to the water tank. Our tank should be replaced, but we're gonna leave it alone for now. It works. 
The Pump leaked a lot, so he took it apart and redid it 3 times today. 
It's finally together. I'm washing dishes right now. I'm thrilled. 

I kept a bucket of water in the bathroom, just in case. 
We are having the family over for Easter Dinner on Sunday. 
I think I may just fill a few containers with that wonderful water, just in case. 

Our stuff has a tendency to go out only at night and on holidays. 
If you see me sneaking over to your house with buckets, pitchers, and watering cans, you'll know that the pump is not working. For now I'm keeping my fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed. Hoping that the pump will continue to work and the wonderful dark red rust that is shooting out from every faucet stops soon. 
*It did clear up out of the Kitchen sink. So the dishes are really clean. 

Keep Your Eyes Crossed that all will go well too..