Friday, April 15, 2011

The Colors Of Spring: Pink

Our Crab Apple tree at our place in Ky. 

I love spring. It is my favorite time of year. I love the first of the warm days, flowers peeking out, buds, blooms, birds, and walks. I especially love the colors. God knew we needed to see some color after the dull drab grey days of winter. I'm so thankful that He created color. The bright and vibrant colors of Spring still take my breath away. The sheer beauty of them is indescribable. 

I love Pink. My crab apple is Pink that kind of "wow that is pink". I love it.
The poor thing did suffer in the big Ice Storm in the Winter of 2008/2009. A lot of it broke off, but it still continues on. I took this photo a few years ago. I really hope it looks like this still. I worry now with it's age and the damage that it will be gone. 

We are still waiting spring here in Michigan. It's starting; my Pink hyacinths are blooming. They are a bit ragged so I didn't take a photo. The Daffodils are up and will be blooming anytime. My lilacs are not budding yet, but hopefully soon. So for now, I'll look at the picture of my pink crab apple. She is a beauty. 

We are expecting some snow this weekend, just flurries I hope. I think I'll keep this picture on the screen saver for a while. I need to see Pink. I need to see spring. 
I hope you are seeing spring where you are. 
Look for some Pink....