Friday, April 15, 2011

I Got A New 4-Wheeler Yesterday...

My New 4-Wheeler...

Don't laugh. Well, OK, go ahead. Let me know when you're finished.. Hmmmm hmmm, Ok. That's enough. 
uh I said, STOP LAUGHING.. 
Yes, I know it is kind of humorous. Especially if YOUR not the one using it. 

My Physical Therapist suggested it. I found this one online. It's exactly like the one at Therapy. I'm doing better with my walking now, but I like having something to hang on to. I really like the cool basket. 

I've taken a few walks up and down our street. It's much better then the other walker I had with the wheels on the front and the tennis balls on the back. Every time I hit a crack in the pavement with it. I just about did a flip over the front end. 

I'm going to use my new 4-wheeler this weekend at a craft show. I won't be taking it to the grocery store or any place they have carts I can push. hanging on to something helps. I'll keep it for my walks and craft shows and places where I'll be doing a good deal of walking with no shopping carts available. 

My rollator is Burgundy. I'm thinking of bedazzling it, and my niece Kindra suggested I paint flames on the legs.. I think I need a horn to toot too. You know some seniors, they just hog up the whole sidewalk. Don't forget those young whipper snappers that call me hun and ask if they hold the door for me. Some days I want to smack them on their wittle heads. Other days, I'm thankful for their help. I'm hoping I'm thankful more days then not. 

I didn't think I would need this four wheeler until much later. I don't think I'll need it for long. My walking and balance are better every day. Husband has already laid claim to it for Tractor shows and Flea Markets this summer, If I'm not using it. He likes the idea of a seat to sit on when he is tired. He and his buddy Jim have already talked about how to motorize it. LOL Men. 

If you see a white haired lady passing you on the E-way riding a bedazzled rollator walker with flames, that will be me. I may be getting older, but I probably won't grow up.