Friday, September 23, 2011

Share A Blog: An Open Letter To Facebook



  Today I'm sharing a Blog post. It's an open letter to Facebook and Mark Z. I totally agree with Leanne. I use facebook for a quick and easy way to stay connected to my friends and family. I had a "MySpace" acct. it was so full of clutter and nonsense that the pages wouldn't load. When I found facebook and the lovely white page I was in Heaven. I could find friends and family members it was awesome. It gave me quicker access then email. I loved it.

 The writer of this blog share, Leanne,  is 35.. the average age of a fb user is 38. I'm 53. I have friends some older some younger who have thrown in the towel and given up on fb. I have others who are seriously considering it.

 Personally I don't care what games you were playing 20 minutes ago. I don't care that you liked Aunt Suzy's post about her dental appt. I don't need to know if my cousin in Texas likes Oscar Mayer bologna. I'm ok with that. I am not ok with giving me no option to turn off the scrolling feed on the right of the Home  page. I have over 1100 friends. I am not going to go through each one and unsubscribe from a myriad of updates. I've tried. It's to time consuming. FB should not be a job, but an enjoyment.

I will keep an eye out for post where those more fb savvy then I , come up with a way to fix all the stuff I don't want to see without spending hours going through each friend. I have already spent 3 days making lists for my friends, and placing each one. I have spent hours going through and tightening up my acct. and app security to try and eliminate as much of my chatter as I can from filling up others feed walls.

I do hope that someone at FB realizes that not all of us have 10 hours a day to sift through updates and comments to find what we really want to know.

You can find Leanne's Blog post:  here
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It states exactly how I'm feeling so eloquently. Thank you Leanne.