Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm Still Getting The Hang Of A Few Things...



I was kind of at a loss for something to write about. I was rescued by a Blog I read. They listed things they are still trying to get the hang of. I have a list like that too. My list is so long that we could never fit them all in a reasonable amount of space. I'll just hit a few that pop into my head now. We may talk about a few more another time. 

I'm Still Trying To Get The Hang Of: 


1. Makeup: I just can't seem to get it. I do like the new mineral makeup. as long as I don't try to shadow or highlight anything I seem to be OK. I guess living in a house of only men made these kinds of things difficult to master. 


2. Nails:  same reason as above. I have tried getting manicures. The polish does some weird thing to my nails. they look really cute for about a week. Then they get all brittle and break off, or peel off. It's really weird. I don't know a thing about cuticles and leave mine unkempt to the utter horror of friends. I think keeping them clean is about as good as I'll get. 


3. Looking all sharp and spiffy: This just doesn't happen to me. You know the kind. You know they just wake up all perfectly in place. Me, I always have hair shooting out in some strange direction. Food dribbles on my clothes. Dog hair stuck to something. Gum on my shoe. etc. I try I really do.. I'm still trying. 


4. Daily Cleaning: I'll admit it now. I'd rather go to the oral surgeon then clean. I just don't like it. I love clean. I just don't want to do it. I certainly don't want to do it daily. I do try to pick things up and dust around. Usually it amounts to moving a pile from one area to another. I do have a good excuse for my lax cleaning these past many months. Knee surgeries. I am slowly getting back into a kind of routine. Maybe by next summer I will finally get the hang of Daily cleaning duties. 


5. Computer-ing: I finally figure out how to do something, and WHAM ! they change the whole thing. I had a pretty good fix on posting stuff to my blog. today I log on and wham, they changed to a new format. Most of it is the same. I haven't touched anything yet. I'm afraid to right now. Not till I get this posted anyway. About the time I get it figured out and can fly through it. They'll change it again.