Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sometimes You Just Need To Create Something...



This is my bread, the one I made to go with my homemade beef stew. My husband thinks this is the prettiest loaf of bread he's seen since he was a kid.. LOL I think it's rather handsome myself, and it was mighty tasty warm out of the oven with butter slathered all over it.. Sometimes you just need to create something.

I don't mind telling you that sometimes the only thing I create is a mess. It seems like I am forever picking stuff up, organizing it.. well, I like to think I'm organizing it, and putting it away.

I love to make things. I love to crochet, and do cross stitch. I love to make pie and I love to make home canned stuff too. Jelly, green tomato Ketchup, salsa, and green tomato mincemeat.




I especially love to make something that I can organize my keepsake items in. I am working on a scrapbook type album for this years Christmas cards. (see photo above) My cousin Sharyn is really creative. She is a photographer and a published scrapbook designer. She even holds classes. I am totally impressed by her. This weekend she got my creative juices stirred up again.

I had let my scrapbook supplies sit dormant for over a year. Sharyn decided to post a step-by-step album craft on her blog. http://networkedblogs.com/p23697237
I love Christmas, and the wonderful photo cards that my family and friends send me. I have always wished there were some way to keep the cards and the photos all together. This little album solves the problem and is soooo cute. It got my creative juices flowing again. It stirred my soul and has kept me excited all day about completing it.

This little project has reminded me that sometimes I can get so busy doing the "have to " stuff, that I forget about doing something fun that I love. I'm going to head out to JoAnn's after Church. My supply of scrapbook paper is low, and I need a few little things to complete this project. My mind is starting to fill with other little creative things I'd like to work on this winter. Sometimes you just need to create something...