Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Trying To Put On My Smiley Face...

Hi, I'm trying to put on my smiley face today.. I think I'll have to do like my friend above and Fake It...

The day didn't start out badly.. hey wait, maybe it did.. The Cardiologist's office called to schedule my stress test.. A test I do not think I need.. I hadn't heard from them (it's been a week since my Dr.'s visit) so I figured they forgot it.. They didn't... so it's scheduled.. As I sit here I'm thinking seriously about cancelling it.. I'm not having any trouble.. I think I will call the ins. We have new Ins. now.. and see what we will have to pay.. I may yet cancel it..

Well and then there was the delightful discussion with my dear precious husband about the credit cards, and how we have to pay them off.. and Why does our Mail order pharmacy not take checks.. Why can't we call and demand they take a check instead of billing the credit card.. blah blah blah...

We have classes at Church.. I popped into the "budget and your credit score" class this week.. I was late and hadn't practiced my Spanish (taking basic Spanish) at all, so I snuck into the budget class.. We discussed how I really needed to get a personal loan to pay my credit cards off.. better interest rate; or I need to consolidate and pay on one.. The loan thing is a no go.. personal preference.. So we move on to the idea of consolidating onto one card.. and only one.. No Matter What Earth Shattering Event Happens..

So after my delightful conversation with hubby... I decided to call one of our CC Co's and see what I could do as far as transferring a balance from another card.. I got my interest rate amount.. and was in the process of figuring out if there would be a transfer fee when I was informed that my 4.95 % rate would be increasing to 15.9 % next month.. I kindly asked the woman if she could check on that because I have never paid that kind of rate with this co. I've been with them for years.. By this time my Blood pressure is rising to epic numbers.. she returns to the phone after 3 minutes to tell me the computers are down and I'll have to call back in 24 hrs.. OK, I will.. But I better hear some better numbers or I'm done..

BTW, I thought that, I didn't say it.. yelling at the people who answer the phone and don't make the polices is silly and rude.. I worked at an ins. co. I know..

So I'm using my fake smile for a bit.. My real one will return.. soon I hope.. It was a rotten day anyway.. Our best friends here in the frozen north are defecting to Florida in a few days.. I'll be without a lunch buddy, or a shopping friend.. yukkk.. I'm thrilled they are getting to head out for some sun, and fun.. but I always miss her tons..

So my day is yukky.. I'm suffering from a severe case of separation anxiety.. and I'm really ticked at the credit card co.. and I gained 3 pounds.. LOL As I'm reading this I have to laugh.. My real smile has returned as has my sense of humor.. thank you God.. I'm chuckling to myself.. Things aren't really so bad.. that dog and those teeth are really funny..

So I'm off to call the ins. co. and see if they will pay for the stress test.. then I'll put calling the CC co. on my list for Monday.. I'll pray that God has them find me a favorable interest rate... He is really good at that..

I hope your day is great.. if not.. look at that dog.. how can you not laugh.. now put on your own smiley face.. it's not so bad..