Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Christmas Card Album is finished.

Well, here it is, My Christmas Card Album. whoo hooo.. not to shabby for a first attempt.
I got out to JoAnn's after Church this morning and found a little Christmas paper left. I grabbed it and headed to the door, then realized I needed a few other things too. I had to get those metal hoopy things.. LOL the ones at the top that open and close that I needed to make my album flippable. I don't know what you call them. LOL I call them those flippy things.

I looked and looked for them, but finally had to go and find a clerk. I really hoped I could describe them well enough for her to find them. whooo hooo she knew what I was talking about. There was only one size, but I grabbed them and a roll of grosgrain ribbon, just in case, and headed home..

I immediately took a nap.. Hey, I was tired. My dogs got me up this morning at 6:00am. anyway, after my fabulous nap, with my favorite fuzzy blanket.. I got to work. I only had some flimsy box cardboard, but I decided I could make it work. My first attempt I finished my cover to find that I had cut the pattern the wrong way.. LOL so I used the wrong way cover for the back , instead of the front, and adhered another card to it.

I don't have a 3 Hole punch. I plan on getting one. I had to punch each hole separately and it took a while.
This was really easy to make once I got a good look at everything.

 I get a lot of those Christmas newsletters from family. I adhered a small gift bag to the back of the last card, Removed the string, and voila I had a pocket where I can tuck my Christmas Newsletters.

I just Love this idea. So many send Christmas card photos.. and I've been storing them in envelopes in a box. I've recycled the regular Christmas cards, but in doing so lose the sentiment and notes that are enclosed. This is a perfect and compact way to remember the season and the cards that are special, for many years to come.. And for those of us who like to play around with scrapping things. It's a perfect weekend project.

If you would like to see a step by step guide to making this album you can go HERE, My Cousin Sharyn is a master at scrapping things.. and gives excellent step by step directions.


Posted by Picasa