Thursday, July 5, 2012

OK, Who Volunteered Me To Bake In This Heat??



    Oh my goodness.. Who volunteered me to bake in this heat? oh, uh, ya.. That would be me. I did volunteer and it was a week or so ago. Our Youth from Church are going on Mission Trip to Joplin Mo. They leave Friday. I need to bake for them today. They want some snacks for the road and for munching on while they work in the 100 + degree weather. They will be helping with clean up, repair, and may be working with the families of the area. They will know more when then are there. It's kind of a "this is the job we found for you today" kind of thing. The cool thing is that while they'll be working they will be sharing Jesus with folks too.

They had some great T-shirts made up. Ones that will make people want to ask who they are and why they came from MI to Mo. in the heat to help people they don't know. I know God will use their work and their witness for His Glory. I can't wait to hear all about their trip when they return, but for now I have to get out in the kitchen and bake.  Please pray with me for our students and their leaders to touch hearts and lives..