Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Act Of Valor, A Great Movie That Made Me Think





 I'd been waiting to see this movie. I knew it would be bloody and such, but how could a "war" movie (so to speak) not be.  I found it at the Redbox today and grabbed it. Wow. It was an amazing movie. I think one of the things I like best about it, is that there are Real life Seals in this movie. Action packed yes, lots of blood and not appropriate for children, But with parents watching I think older teens would learn a few things. 
I would have grabbed my box of tissues, I knew from the opening monologue I would need them, but I didn't want to leave my seat. To see the Heroism. The love of family and County. The Courage and Bravery portrayed was inspiring. I have been privileged to follow a page on facebook called Seal Of HonorIt's a great page and Full of information on Navy Seals and Operation Red Wings and Lt. Michael Murphy


While watching the Movie I wondered just how many times Men of Courage, Men of our Special forces units deploy in just these situations. To rescue Americans, To find those Plotting against the United States and destroy their plans to do us harm. I wonder about all those times we won't ever be aware of the actions that took place. 

I may never know who these men are. I may never know their names or anything about them. I do know that I want them to know how Thankful I am for them. For their courage, their strength that goes beyond humane comprehension. I am thankful that they are willing to sacrifice it all for me and for our Great Country. I will pray for them and their families daily. Those nameless Warriors. Those Watchmen on the wall. 

I was moved by this poem written by the great Chief Tecumseh.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the Service of Your People. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

~ Chief Tecumseh ~