Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Family Christmas Adventure...


The week before Christmas started off great. I was ready, I was prepared. Well, I thought I was. 
I had forgotten that when I think all is well with everything; Something happens that I was NOT expecting. 

This time it was my Truck not starting. The old girl usually gives out on us every Winter, but normally it waits till the first or second week in January. This time it thought we needed a Christmas surprise. 
Thankfully our Neighbor and Friend Ron,  got us right in and found the problem. Our Distributor cap is on the back wall of the truck. When it's rainy and damp it lets moisture into the cap and corrodes it. It was replaced and sealed to help stop this from happening. I also found out I need a new water pump. Thankfully I could wait until Dec. 28th to get it put in. So that takes care of my plans for Wed. this week. 

Christmas Eve Husband and I spent at home. I think we had a touch of some kind of stomach bug. We both felt puny all day. I hated missing the Hubby's family Christmas.. Missed My family's too. We'll catch them next time. 

Christmas Day was full of adventure too. Dinner a couple of hours late.. sickness, getting rides to and from in sync, But finally we were ready for the fun. We all ate in shifts since we showed up in shifts. so that was kind of fun cause we all got to sit at the table. Then it was gift opening time. WE loved it.. So many thoughtful and sweet gifts. We all had a blast.. 

The Day after Christmas was spent perusing the local Wal-mart, K-mart, Target, and Meijers. Looking for deals on Christmas stuff and gifts for next year. I got myself a new dish drainer and a new can opener. woot woot.. I also found another Chef's mat. I got one for a gift and loved it. I had put it on my list of things to look for cause I wanted another one for in front of the stove. Low and behold I found one.. there was only one left so I grabbed it. I also got a few gifts for next year. 

The weather here was so great.. almost 50 and Sunny. (unheard of in Michigan this time of year) We took down the outside decorations. I"m leaving the inside decorations in place for a while yet. I love looking at them and it's always so dreary and dull when all the bright sparklies are put away. 

Today I'm watching it snow and cleaning up the kitchen. There will be a pot of bean soup on the stove soon. I  can't wait to use that Ham bone from Christmas dinner. There will also be a big pan of Cornbread to go with. 

I love Christmas even when it's full of adventure..