Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gift Wrapping... A Marathon Event...


Today was gift wrapping day. 
Not just any gift wrapping mind you.. a gift wrapping Marathon. 
I love to procrastinate, especially gift wrapping.
I save them all up and do an entire afternoon/evening of wrapping. 
I grab some snacks, a diet Coke and
a couple of my favorite Christmas movies and wrap.

I leave the gifts in totes in the basement until wrapping day. 
Our basement is all old and smelly and dank..
Yukk. I sure don't want smelly presents.
So I can't wrap them and put them back down there. 
They would get all smelly. 
That being said one of the main reasons I put the un-wrapped gifts
down there in the plastic tote boxes is
so they don't smell like cigarette smoke. Dear husband smokes
and I don't want the gifts smelly.. 
Are you getting the theme here.. 
SMELLY !

Today I gathered up all the gifts. All those lovely special Family gifts
and brought them along with the plastic tote boxes up from the smelly 
basement into the lovely scents of pine and balsam, cinnamon and apple. 
As a side note these plastic totes are the same ones that 
held my stock pile of shampoo, body wash, lotions, shaving supplies, deodorant etc. 
I moved those items out and the special gifts in. 

As I sat lovingly wrapping each gift. The smell of freshness began to 
enter my nose. hmmm what was that smell ? 
Not balsam, not pine, not cinnamon, not apples. 
Hmmm  I think it kind of smells like bodywash, or maybe some shampoo. 
Oh NO.. Everything smells like shampoo and bodywash.. 
It's all smelly... 

I guess if my gifts have to smell like something, then the fresh clean 
smell of bodywash and shampoo are not so bad. 
I just hope little Kristopher, My great grandson who's 2. will love that 
his new pillow pet smells like Vive shampoo. 

Happy Wrapping....