Friday, December 9, 2011

My New Electric Pressure Cooker Pre-test...


  I'm really excited today. Dear Husband got me an Electric Pressure Cooker for Christmas. Today is pre-test day. I've read all the instructions about 15 times. I've read instructions on pressure cooking websites. I've checked everything over to make sure I'm doing it all correctly. 

 I am ready to test. 

I filled my pot 3/5 full of water, put on the lid, set the steam vent knob to Seal. Set my time for 15 minutes. 
Now I wait. 

Here is a pretty picture of my Electric Pressure cooker.. See the pretty meal it prepared? Probably in 15 minutes or less. I can't wait. I want to make big roast beef dinners in an hour. woot woot.. 

I hear occasional hissing in the kitchen. I'm kind of scared to be in there.  I've used stove top pressure cookers for canning. They can be scary things if you don't know what you are doing. 

I have my mother-in-law's canner. Husband's daddy bought it for her in 1943. I haven't used it for a few years. They don't make replacement gaskets. It's huge. I swear you could can a whole cow in it.. 

I'm so excited. I just checked and my cooker has come up to pressure and is counting down. I think I'll go check on a soup recipe to make for supper. I only have 5 more minutes to wait. then another 15 or so for the cooker to "naturally" release pressure. They suggest you use the "Natural" release method during the pre-test. I'll let you know in my next post how it all worked out.