Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rainy Days ...

Well, it's raining again. The sun is gone, it's cloudy and grey. Papa used to say " It's a great day darling.. if your a duck"..
So what can I do on a day like today. No raking up the 63,000,000 limbs and sticks that are part of the storm damage done earlier this winter. No cleaning up of flower beds long overgrown with grass. Husband has had some health problems, so our last visit here was almost 2 yrs. ago. I can't believe all the cleaning up that needs to be done. I have trees growing in all the flower beds. I have one that is almost 5ft. tall growing up in my rose bush.. YIKES.. So I need to be outside and cleaning up. There are bushes that need cutting back, trees that need some limbs trimmed, and some flowers that have taken over areas that need to be dug up and moved..
But here I sit in the house. The thunder has started. So what do I do.. Well, I can read.. I'm reading another book.. Odd Thomas.. It's scary and I really need to read it during the day. I don't want nightmares. Then there's a movie I want to see on a friends pay per view.. Twilight. I started reading the series before we left on vacation.. then I could get out the cookie making supplies and bake..
Think I'll read.. then go watch the movie with friend Betty.. and come home and bake some of Husband's favorite cookies.. I guess my day isn't a total loss after all..
Time spent with good friends, and cookies.. warm out of the oven.. ummm ummm
Guess I'm kind of glad for the rainy Days after all..