Saturday, March 28, 2009

25 Random things about me..


OK,
1. I have a bucket list..

2. I have actually marked a few things off my list

3. I rode a mechanical bull, a really big thing for me, of course I made the guy go slow, like kid speed. and told him not to let me fall off.. I break stuff when I fall. it was hilarious. there are pictures.

4. I know without a doubt that one day I'll be in Heaven and see my Savior.

5. I studied child care in Collage, then needing money I quit, thinking I would return. I didn't. I still plan on going back to school. It will most likely be after I'm old enough to take classes for free.. I'm hoping my mind will hold out that long..

6. I had a 4 yr. scholarship to Michigan state. I didn't go because my Dad was ill and I needed to stay home and take care of him.. If given the same choice again. I'd give it up.. no regrets...

7. I was adopted at the age of 2.. my youngest brother was adopted into the same home with me.

8. I found my birth family and have made contact with all my siblings except for one. there are 11 of us. if you count the full siblings and half siblings.. course in my mind and heart we're all full brothers and sisters.

9. I have great friends, and a couple of very close friends.

10. I have learned that Papa was right.. it is better to give then to receive.

11. I also learned that my Papa was right about almost everything.

12. Christmas is my favorite holiday and favorite time of year.

13. I play Christmas music all year long..

14. I watch Christmas movies all year long...

15. I love to dance...

16. I wish the grandkids had come first. I'm so much better as a grandma.. it would have made me a better mom.

17. I trust everyone until they give me a reason not to..

18. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. some just need their second chance 5 or 6 times.

19. Grandchildren make your heart sing..

20. touching someones hand, and listening is one of the most important things you will ever do.

21. I will always have a dog.. they taught me what God's love is like.. unconditional...

22. I LOVE Ky with every fiber of my being. I ache for it.. and my little cabin in the "Grove". I love the way the earth smells, the way the colors of the flowers and the grass fill me with joy, the smell of honeysuckle, and hay, and the air after a rain, the way the hills show off God's creation, the sunrises that greet me each morning, and the sunsets that take my breath away.. the crickets, frogs, and whippoorwills that whisper goodnight.. The plain people who will offer you all they have and will feed you till you burst..

23. my first car was a 71 Mustang.. It will always be my favorite car.

24. I met my husband at a funeral home.. No I did not hang out at the funeral home looking for dates..

25. I have discovered that getting older isn't bad as long as you have someone to get older with..