Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'll take the steps...


These are the old steps that go to the sidewalk that led to the "old school" building. The school building is gone now. The only building left was a one room school house (built in the late 1800's) that was brought to the property and attached on as the home ec room. Later a kitchen was built onto the back and the building became the cafeteria. Husband ate his lunch there for his first six years.
I Love these old steps. I can just imagine the little feet that climbed them every day.. they are kind of steep. the sidewalk is still there and leads to the place where one would have stepped up into the school building..

I love these old steps. I walk down them everyday when I get the mail. Sometimes the ditch that lies in front of them is full of mud and water. Not being the athletic type.. I usually walk back up the drive.. but on my adventurous days I choose to jump the ditch and take the stairs..