Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Days Are Getting Shorter Again...


Oh for the nice long days of summer. I am pining for them already. The days are getting to dark to fast. I am already feeling hurried to get up and get moving.

We returned from our Trip to Ky. about 2 and a half weeks ago. My how the time has flown. We ran full tilt unpacking and organizing right into and through Halloween. I thought I had entered some weird land of Cold that weekend. When we left Ky. it was 80 degrees. Halloween night I dressed for the 35 degree weather in long underwear, long pants, 3 shirts, coat, hat with ear flaps, and mittens.. I still froze.. goodness..

Then it was time to prepare for Voting. I'm a precinct Chairman in our area. Wow was I bowled over by the number who came out to vote. It was awesome.
We had almost 40% turn out, and that is awesome. I think we actually had more vote this time then voted in the Presidential election.

Zooming right along, at times it seems like at breakneck speed. We flew into the first weekend of Nov. and Daylight savings time. And here we are. The days are getting shorter. It's 5pm and the sun has set or is about to.

We are having our last look at some warm days this week. Highs in round 60 YES !! There are events starting to pile up on the calender. Thanksgiving plans are being made and my first Christmas shopping trip is scheduled for tomorrow.

Our local news announcer suggested we put the Christmas lights up this week. I asked husband if he would like to help me put up the lights. I got a stare and a grumph.. guess not.

I would like to think that things are winding down, but they aren't. They are just starting to wind up. The days getting shorter don't help me. They make me feel more rushed. I really need to start making some lists. Lists of gifts to buy, goodies to bake and for whom, lists of parties and dates. I'm getting my calender out right now. Time to seriously start those lists. The days are getting shorter you know..