Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Few Interesting Fall Fotos

I love the photo above. Black Walnuts from our trees.

Funny how these benign looking items can be dangerous. The Walnut trees line our route to the outhouse. When the wind blows these become deadly missiles. I was hoping that none would hit me. Thank goodness nature called only when the wind was in a lull.


Most of the flowers were gone long ago. If you look to the right of the stump you will see a really cute kind of purple-ly weed. The stump is one from last year. Husband put a stump rotting solution on it. I thought it looked cool with the grey weather worn, old soul kind of look. I'm glad I got this picture this time. Husband plans to chop out the dead stumps on our next visit.


Last but not least, one of my favorite bushes. Crepe Myrtle. I love the variant shades of maroon and red. They really look great amongst the green that still lingers. Funny how in the midst of a terrible drought.. no rain here for over 2 months, I still found green and life...

I guess that's how it is with us humans too. Just about the time you are old, weather beaten, losing your color, and your leaves. Someone notices how special you are. They see how well you fit into your surroundings, and how easy you become part of the world.