Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Whew What A Week I Mean 3 Weeks..

Wow, another week has flown past; Actually I think it was more like 3 weeks. Christmas shopping has been started, lists compiled, food purchased, recipes perused, and budget planned.

My planned budget was the first thing to go. LOL Hubby blew that when he came home with a request for the funds to buy a "most sought after item".. one he's been looking for. He never asks for extra out of the bill money.. so I could hardly say no. so the "most sought after item" is now making it's new residence in our home..

With a new plan and budget in hand I made my first shopping trip. Frankenmuth Michigan. I love it. I love Bronners (the world's largest Christmas store) We also spent a couple of hours at the area outlet mall, and of course had our traditional Chicken dinner at Zehnders. Yummy. I did purchase several things for gifts; so all in all I would call it a good day.

I spent the next day in the grocery store.. stocking up on chocolate chips, pecans, evaporated milk, cranberries, and marshmallow cream. I have fudge and cookies to make this weekend for my Special Soldier boxes. I also make peppermint bark for our boxes. oh no.. I forgot to get the chocolate bark.
OOPS.. guess I better head back to the store.

I have plenty of other things to catch you up on.. I have had a very busy 3 weeks.