Sunday, September 6, 2009

Doing the Happy Dance... Happy Happy Happy :-)


Oh My, has it really been 6 + weeks since I last blogged something..
gracious.. How time flies when you're having fun..

To update you, We went to our little cabin in Ky. the first time in 12 yrs. we had been down in the summer.. I had forgotten how wonderful it is..

to bring you all up to speed.. we had a break-in, after a few days there was an arrest made, It turned out to be an alleged burglary ring (my words) where stolen items going back as far as a year ago, were recovered in two homes. As of this date 5 arrests have been made.. other charges are pending including Meth making, receiving stolen property and a felon in possession of a firearm
..
 All the items were taken.. (truck loads, all the items in the houses and on the property were stolen) to an old warehouse where they were available for anyone, with a police report and a list of stolen items, to look through. I had sent on a list of our items, along with photos and descriptions to the local police dept. and to the State Police, who were investigating our robbery.

 When we got to the warehouse to look for our items, most had been found and put on a cart for us. Here is where I sing the praises of the Local Police dept.. They went above and beyond the call of duty. Including the Police Chief, who brought out a couple of items we did not find at the warehouse.. they came into his possession after another arrest..

back to the warehouse.. we looked and found ALL our stuff.. well all except for the "get away vehicle" aka: our garbage can on wheels, some pillows and clothes that the robbers used to protect the items shoved in the garbage can, a couple of granite pie plates (later recovered) and a clear chicken candy dish from the 1940's.. The rest, including items we did NOT realize were taken.. were there.. Thank you Jesus... I'm still praising God for this one.. All of the officers remarked that " this never happens" you never find all your stuff.. Well, I did..

I'm not ashamed to tell you that I was just a "little miffed" at God for allowing those creeps to take my stuff.. I pray over the whole place whenever we leave.. asking God to guard and keep it safe along with all those we love till we return.. Well, after the call I got saying our place was broken into and our stuff was gone.. a lot of stuff.. not all of it, as some people experienced.. I met a couple of them later on.. but a lot. I immediately prayed and believed that EVERYTHING I have, God gave it to me.. If He gave it to me.. then If He wanted me to have it, He would bring it back.. I kept telling Dear Husband, that God Loves me.. and If I am suppose to have my stuff back, and some of it was very precious to me, I would get it back.. 

 I went to Ky. believing I would get some of it back.. Husband went knowing we would never see any of it again.. I am still amazed that God gave it all back except for my garbage can, and a chicken.. all of it.. unharmed and just as we had left it.. Amazing.. 

We spent a few days getting our stuff back and put in place.. I purposefully did not put anything in the place of the missing things.. I knew it was going to come back.. I don't know how I knew it.. I just did.. 

 We did beef up our security.. The State trooper reminded me that we could make our cabin Ft. Knox, but if someone wanted in bad enough.. we can't keep them out..

I also reminded God that He was in charge of all we have, and I would trust that His angels know just how and what to guard.. Then we spent another week relaxing and running with friends.. we did just what we wanted to ... and had a blast.. we went to festivals.. I have some stories.. and a BBQ.. and spent alot of time just sitting on our front porch. We ate fresh tomatoes from a friends garden EVERY Day.. LOL and had fresh corn, peaches, green beans, new potatoes, and cucumbers.. we drank gallons of iced tea and lemonade.. it was grand.. And I danced.. I danced the "God Loves me" dance, and the " I got my stuff back" dance.. I danced over my peaches.. I am a peach fanatic.. thanks Uncle Romie, and I danced the "friend" dance.. I even got to eat at Cracker barrel and picked up some Christmas gifts.. It was wonderful and fun..

So today I'm dancing again.. as I remember how much God loves me.. His goodness and His mercy.. I'm thanking Him for knowing how special some of the items were.. and for reminding me that all I have, He has given to me.. Cause He loves me..