Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Whose Loading Your Camel ?


I have come to realize this week that I have a Camel. I like Camels. They are kind of cute.. in a homely, only your mom could love that face, way.
I think a lot of us have camels. I think my Camel's name is Clyde.. LOL I just remembered a Ray Stevens song from years ago.. the Camel's name was Clyde.. a good name for a Camel, I think..

Well to continue.. Our Church is going through some changes. It has been going through the changes for a year or so now.. New Pastor, New people, New ideas for ministry.. As with all change, it's difficult. Some people have more difficulty then others with change. I don't do well with it at all.. 


It kind of reminds me of the Israelites and the Wilderness.. Moses takes them out of slavery.. God has delivered them through some Mighty Miracles.. They are God's own chosen children.. and after just a bit, they are whining and crying and wishing they were back in Egypt with their slave masters.. They didn't like the change.. it was scary, it was unknown, at least slavery was a known thing.. 


Some of them would have gone back. That just amazes me. Then I look at my life and see that there are times when I would choose the familiar even when God is clearly calling me to change, to a new thing, a new way, something unknown.. He gently reminds me that He is with me.. so I will follow.. sometimes kicking and screaming.. and throwing a fit.. kind of like the Israelites.. but I go..

Apparently when I left Egypt.. the place of sin and slavery.. I took a Camel.. Clyde.. maybe God thought I needed him for the journey.. anyway.. Clyde and I travel this road together.. 


As part of the change at Church God has led some folks to other Churches and other places of Service. It is painful and joyful to me. Painful in that I have seen the burden of the decision to move to another place of service. Painful because there are hurt feelings, feelings of fear and even anger. Painful because I love my Church family and I know for some this was not an easy decision. Painful because I will miss serving with them, but Joyful too as I see how God is using their gifts and talents in new and exciting ways in their new places of service..

I was sharing with one of my mentors in the Faith. Glenn is one who speaks God word to me. I always check with God, to make sure the interpretation is correct. Glenn has been a fellow Christian that I can pour my heart out to and He will pray with me, and give me a word.. As I was sharing my burden for my Church family, our Church, Our direction.. with Glenn this week.. I told him how painful some of the recent events have been to me.. and how I am so burdened with some situations..

Glenn asked me a question.. Who's loading your camel? Of course I had to shut-up and think about that for a minute. "Well, I am," was my reply.. Glenn then asked.. who was responsible for the folks that I'm so burdened for.. well, God is of course.. they are His kids.. (hand slapping head "big duh" moment) God is.. not me.. I'm loading all this stuff, peoples problems, concerns, squabbles, unrest, uneasiness, all their stuff on my camel.. just like it's mine to deal with and mine to fix.. I load up my camel and then try to continue on my journey.. I've loaded up all the stuff that will not benefit me.. and all the stuff I can't do a thing about.

I unloaded my camel Clyde this week.. I'm making room for the stuff that God has given me to carry.. and it's not much.. Jesus already said to cast all my cares, burdens, concerns, on Him.. Jesus also reminded me that His load is easy, His burden is light..

I'm so glad that God is the one who has to keep it all straight..

Glenn also reminded me that God has called me to be a prayer warrior.. I am to pray about the situations and concerns of my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.. that's it.. God will deal with them, He will fix them.. 


God is leading us in some new directions. It's kind of scary.. we haven't been this way, We haven't followed this leader, what if we make a wrong turn, what if our leader is a nut, what if we run out of food or water, What if we are asked to make a commitment of our time, or our money, what if we have to give up something we love, What if we can't have our way or be in charge, 


what if People are saved, what if we are on the path that God has been waiting to put us on, what if we repent and follow, what if we become the people of God that we are meant to be? Lots of what ifs and lots of unknowns.. But you know what .. It's all in God's hands. It's His business, we are His kids, He knows what He's doing.. I don't have to worry about it..

Clyde and I are happy again.. free again.. free to follow the road, the path, the way that God is leading us.. I will be praying with passion, and heart, with love and concern for all my brothers and sisters in Christ.. 


I am also praying with the same love and compassion for those who Do Not Know the Love of God or the Forgiveness of sins. I'm praying that God will use Us, That He will use Me.. To touch hearts so He can Change lives..

So my question to you today is this.. are you burdened, worried, overwhelmed?
Whose loading your Camel????