Friday, September 11, 2009

What I Learned At The SuperStore This Week...


I was just doing my usual shopping this week at one of our area SuperStores. I was amazed to find that there are some Hard Truths That can be learned there...

Truth #1.... Spandex, no matter how beautiful on the hanger, does NOT look good on fat people. It just makes you look fatter.. every fat roll, even ones you didn't know existed.. Are shown in all their glory... Frankly.. I scared myself.. so BIG Note to self... NO SPANDEX...

Truth #2... Unless you are going to shop at a high-end store, the ones that you have to take out a second mortgage to buy a dress, FAT People's clothes are U-G-L-Y... I don't know why.. I've shown my girlfriends this several times.. next time your out shopping look at the Women's section.. or plus size section.. whatever the name.. now really Look.. would you be caught dead in any of the clothes.. the paisley, bright orange midriff top.. come on.. They look like clown clothes.. No offense to any clowns.. but truthfully, I've seen some clown outfits I'd rather wear.. No wonder Fat folks are teased unmercifully.. Look at the clothes we are expected to wear..

Truth #3... If it's on sale and you have a good coupon, they will be out. or it's not for the variety you like.. By the way.. don't worry.. when you go to find someone who can write a rain check.. they'll tell you there are no rain checks for that item... ya, right.. 2064 gazillion items in the store and you managed to find the only one that they can't write a rain check for..

Truth #4... If you are looking for a cute little nail file.. you saw tons of them at the drugstore on the corner and they were so cute you decided to buy 85 for Christmas gifts.. instead of heading to the corner you figure.. hey, I'm here in super mega store.. they probably have a bigger selection.. SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME.. you won't find any.. well maybe one. and it will be $2.99 cause it restores the finish on your nails or some such nonsense.. Nope, hit the drugstore on your way home.

I hope these truths can help you in some way.. if nothing else try to get a mental picture of me in an UGLY orange striped midriff top made of spandex, with a coupon for $1.00 off on a sale item, running down a store manager, with a broken blue nail file that costs $3.97...
Have a great day.. :-)