Monday, May 25, 2009

Freedom Isn't Free...




I often wish that there was some way I could speak to all our Military personnel. I'd love to talk to all our Veterans. I would tell them a few things..
First I'd tell them how much their Willingness to serve our Country means to me. It's a Sacrifice those of us who have never been in the Military don't fully understand. I'd thank their families for the hours and days that they "go on" without their children, husbands, wives, Daddy's, and Mom's. They make a sacrifice too. I fear that there are far to many of us, who forget what living in a Free Country entails. Without the Sacrifice of Many our lives would be nothing like they are..

If I could meet each one of these heroes I would hug their necks and and tell them that they are not forgotten. So I guess My blog today is to those Who Serve our Country. Those "Watchmen on the Wall" who give their all. Who are willing to give even their lives so that you and I can sleep peacefully in our beds tonight.. Our children can play without fear of IED's or suicide bombers. We are free to protest the government, the war, our taxes etc. because many died for that right..

Dear Veteran/Soldier/Marine/Seaman/Airman/Guard,
I just wanted to let you Know that I am thinking of you today. 
I think sometimes we forget that Memorial Day is NOT about cookouts, or picnics, parades, or fireworks. Memorial Day is about remembering those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for their Country and our way of life. 
Today I am remembering those I love who have made that sacrifice. Today I Say Their Names.. As long as there is Someone who will Say their Names, They are never truly gone. 
They live forever in our Hearts.

Today I Say their Names: My Cousin, Marine Lncpl. Thomas “Tommy” Robert Tormanen Gulf War, Love you Tommy, miss you...

In Memory of Our Heroes From Genesee County, Michigan. Who gave the last full measure of love in Iraq and Afghanistan for America. Forever in our Hears and Never to be Forgotten

Army - Sgt Michael F. Pedersen April 2, 2003
Army - PFC Jason M. Meyer April 8, 2003
Air Force - Ssgt Scott D. Sather April 8, 2003
Army - Ssgt Brett J. Petriken May 26, 2003
Army - SPC Artimus D. Brassfield October 24, 2003
Army - SPC Richard Kennedy Trevithick April 14, 2004
Army - SPC Randy Stevens April 16, 2005
Army - Capt. Lowell Thomas Miller II August 31, 2005
Army - MSG Anthony Yost November 19, 2005
Army - PFC Allan A. Morr February 22, 2006
Army - Sgt Joshua Youmans March 1, 2006
Marine - L/CPL Brandon J. Webb June 20, 2006
Marine - SSgt Raymond Plouhar June 26, 2006From Lake Orion MichiganGenesee County Recruiter for 3 years
Army - Sgt Robert Paul Kassin July 19, 2006Flint Native Son
Army – SGT Jeremy DePottey September 11, 2006 Flint Native Son
Army - Sgt Thomas G. Wright May 14, 2007
Navy - PO1 Ross L. Toles III June 18, 2008
Navy - SCPO John W. Marcum September 12, 2008

Today I am remembering those whose names are etched on monuments in great halls, on walls of stone and granite, on white markers in great and small places all over the world, and on the hearts of all who loved them. Today I am thankful for the sacrifice that was made so I can enjoy Memorial Day with my family at our bbq's and picnics, at the parades and the fireworks. Today I also want to remember and thank all our Military Men and women for being a "watchman on the wall" thank you for your service to our Country and your sacrifice. You are always my Hero. God Bless you in a very special way.