Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

Mother's Day has always been kind of different for me. I was adopted at the age of 2. I found my Birth family in 1992. I was able to meet my Mom. (the photo of her above is what she looked like when I was born) I've had a chance to talk with her and have learned a lot about her life.. It's kind of weird to say, but I don't "know" her like you do people you live with. I look like my Dad's family.. I have mom chin and her body shape.. LOL all of her girls have her body shape.. Mom taught me that sometimes Love requires you to think of the other person first.. She loved me enough to let me go... to give me a home with two parents.. (she and my dad had divorced) her love was unselfish...

My adopted Mom, as I told you earlier, was mentally ill.. on a good day.. Mom was fun and loved reading to us. She would bake with us, and made sure we had lot's of fun toys. In the early years Mom had lots of good days. I was very thankful for the good days..
She was one who loved to decorate, and make things special.. even a lunch outside was an event that needed to be planned.. it was fun to spend those times with mom.. Mom passed away last month at the age of 82.. I was glad I got to speak to her last winter.

My birth father had passed away when I found my birth family.. My Mom Ella took over just like we had always known each other. She is fun and I've had a blast getting to know her. She lives about 45 minutes from us. she's a great mom.. She has shown me you don't always have to like what your kids do.. but you always love them.. She has also shown me that you're only as old as you feel.. Mom is only 25.. LOL We don't spend as much time together as I'd like.. but We always have a blast when we're together..
The mom I had that taught me what a mom was really like, was My Special Mom, Norma.. She's my sister in law now..she is pictured with our youngest daughter.. Norma taught me how to be a good mom.. I've know her since 1971.. I have lots of stories to share about her. She taught me that you NEVER put your hands in her pickle jar (hey I did it at home, how was I to know you didn't do it at someone else's house?) how to can beets, and how to can tomatoes. She showed me how important a relationship with God is.. and that Love is always kind and quick to forgive.. She also taught me that to ere would get me a punishment.. even if I wasn't her kid.. She showed me what true hospitality was.. there were always 3 or more extra kids at her table for supper.. she never fussed.. just made sure the parents knew where they were.. She would throw another can of veggies in the pot and call it good.. Norma cooked wonderful "Hillbilly" food.. she taught me how to cook for my husband.. I ate Corn meal mush for the first time with her..
I love all my mom's.. for years I lived without one.. they have all taught me things.. I feel so blessed to have them all in my life...
Posted by Picasa