Friday, May 8, 2009

The Blue Bear glass

This is a picture of My Grandmother.. taken in the late 60's...

This is my favorite glass.. I have to admit I have several of them. One here, and 7 at home. I wish I had the original one. It was found at my Grandmother's house. Grandma would fix breakfast and let us choose our glass for juice. Breakfast always included juice. I don't recall having milk. It was juice. Grandmother had a whole set of these glasses. I have a set now too. They are called Swanky Swigs.. they came with Kraft cheese in them. Like other items of the time. You bought Kraft cheese and then had a juice glass when the cheese was gone.
I always chose the blue bear. I love it. The opposite side has a pig on it. There was just something about having my juice in it that made me feel special. Funny how a special glass can make one feel special.

Posted by Picasa