Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Celebrating The New Year With A Cheesecake Toast...

The girls and our Cheesecake toast to the New Year... 

The girls surprised us and came over to celebrate New Years day with us. Susan brought her Beau T. 

We met T. late last summer when they stopped by the "Hoard Sale". I would have liked to have heard that conversation. "Uh T. how about we stop by and meet my parents. They are having a huge Hoard Sale"  I have to give the man kudos he had guts enough to meet people who would need to have a Hoard sale. T. joined us for Christmas. He fits right in. I knew he would. When I asked for a photo of him and Sue he did a quick "let me fix my hair".. then did a head flippy thing. He's in. I'll say just between you and I. He is wonderful. Not wonderful because he's witty, or has a great personality or because he has a great sense of humor. Nope He's wonderful because he treats our daughter like a queen. I like that. I'm hoping there will be some fun things to write about T. as this year unfolds. 

This past year has been great and difficult for our girls and our family. Their Daddy was diagnosed with Prostrate cancer. Their mom was diagnosed with advanced and untreatable Uterine cancer and passed away 7 days later. We welcomed our first great grandson into the world as we watched our oldest become a new grandmother. She has taken to the role well. We have seen our oldest grandson become a wonderful father and provider. I've watched our granddaughter come into her own as she prepares to graduate this year. With a bit of longing I've wished for a bit more time with our grandchildren as children.. but when our Tim turned 18 I see that I'm getting more use to the thought of all our grands being adults. Our youngest grandson Matt is taller then me now. He's also driving. I'm gonna hang on to his teen years pretty hard. sorry dude. It's a grandma thing. 

So us women stood in the kitchen and toasted this year with slices of cheesecake in hand. 

I'm looking forward to the upcoming graduations Tim and Marisa I can't wait to mark those special days. Tim told me about his hopes after graduation to give time to Mission work overseas. Marisa is looking into Collages and possibly work in the medical field. We are looking forward to Jon coming up for a visit around graduation time. I'm hoping for a New Family photo it's been way to long since we've all been together at the same time, so that is definitely one of my plans. I'm hearing of engagements so I know there shall be weddings and births to celebrate. I'm hoping for a chance to visit our place in Ky. I am anxious to see our friends there, and I long to just sit on my front porch and look out over God's beautiful hills and quiet my soul. Ky. has a hold over my heart and I feel the need to be there and be quiet. 

So with cheesecake in hand we toasted the new year. We look forward to it and all it holds. We are all old enough now to know that it may hold a few tears and possibly some loss. But we also know it will hold joy and laughter. We all know that together as a family and with God, we can face anything. 

We wish you and your family a New Year full of Love, Joy, Laughter, and Family....