Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm Going Try This.. Photo A Day

Out My Kitchen Window... Jan 1, 2013

I've been following my Cousin Sharyn's Blog for a couple of years now. She is a wonderfully creative mom. If you check out her blog you'll see that she not only scrapbooks, but she designs pages and cards and even has online classes from time to time. She also is a very talented photographer (exclusively for her own family these days) Each year she takes us through the latest scrapping/photo project. I have noticed the last couple of years she along with another one or two of my friends have done a "photo a day" project. I've decided to give it a whirl. 

Now if you are laughing, believe me I am rolling. I really can't imagine what in the world I could possibly photograph about my life that even my own family would want to sit and look through. Then I thought "I'd like to see what my year looks like in photos". that was all the encouragement I needed. 

The photo above is really "out my kitchen window".. I thought taking a weekly photo here would be kind of fun. I would love to see all the seasons through my kitchen window. I was going to try the photo a day thing out the window, but that would even bore me to tears. 

Squirrel-Lee Jr. Jan 3, 2013

I was trying to think of a few things that might work for a daily photo. LOL Jan 2nd photo was of our "spit up bowl" and a bottle of Vernor's ginger ale. Hubby was sick. I'm not sure how interesting that really is, so I have spared you that photo..  LOL   Squirrel-Lee is one of about 6-8 squirrels that are feeding in our back yard this winter. I have placed a hanging bird feeder, suet feeder, and assorted Tupperware bowls around our back patio so I can watch the birds and squirrels eat. It's a great show. 

My computer faces a huge window (It use to be the back of the house, then hubby built a back porch on) directly at the back of the porch is another window, so I have a straight shot to looking out back. If I squirm around in my seat just right, I can see most of our back yard. kind of cool. Hubby was concerned about the lack of nuts and the extremely dry summer and our squirrel friends surviving the winter. SO we have purchased bird seed, squirrel feed, black oiler sunflower seeds, and peanuts. Each morning I fill all the feeders and pans and spend the day watching all our wild neighbors make their way to our patio for a snack, or Meal. 

I'm hoping the activity in the back yard will keep the "photo a day" interesting. I wish all this kind of stuff had been known to me when we had the kid at home. Now that would have been a hoot photographing her every day. Our days are not nearly as exciting as they once were. 

You may want to give this idea a whirl with your family. Cousin Sharyn has great ideas on her blog. She has 4 kids and a husband. plenty of fodder for photos. Lucky her. I'm following this bunch http://www.peasandcarrotsstudio.com/  I found them on Pinterest. They are sending emails to help make suggestions about what and when to photograph. They are on facebook too. I'm sure if you google Photo a day or something similar you can find a place to start too.. As for me. I'm hoping Scruffy stops by early tomorrow. He is our scruffy looking squirrel. A real cutie. I would love to hear his story. 

If you hang out with me drop by. I may need your picture to make my "photo" for that day.  :-)