Monday, December 31, 2012

And Then It Was Christmas....

Marisa helping grandma make fudge.. 

Wow, Time has blown past me the last couple of weeks. I have a few things to share, but I'll do that later. It will give me something to write about over the next week or so. For now I want to talk about Christmas. 

Marisa and grandma

It was great this year to have our only granddaughter come and help me make fudge. We plan on making a few things this winter. One of my Cousins sent me a Baklava recipe years ago. We are going to tackle it  sometime this winter in between her classes and job.
 I hope we can work it in before graduation. That is the plan before graduation we WILL make baklava. 

Our Lisa with her first grandson and our first great grandchild Aydin

Our biggest Joy this Christmas was having our dinner/present opening with almost every family member this year. We only had one grandson, Jon, missing. He is saving his vacation time for when his sister graduates this summer. I can't wait to see him. His absence was felt. 
We had our Susan's boys too. That was great having them here with the rest of the family. 
All of us at one time. That doesn't happen often now that the older ones are off living on their own.  

Grandson Tim Celebrating his 18th birthday at our Christmas party. 

The Day was great. Lots of Eating, laughing, story telling, and eating, with present opening and eating. 
The most awesome ice cream cake ever (Baskin Robbins) was brought out to Celebrate Tim's 18th birthday. He ate a ginormous piece. LOL  It was great. We have lots of December Birthdays. Lisa, Bryan, Tim, and other assorted relatives. We all celebrated and it was grand. 

This photo was taken when I was putting up the decorations... 

This one was taken after Christmas. 

and well, as you can see it pretty much looked the same when I started to take them down 
and pack them away. (yes it's the same photo) 

All that preparation for one big huge day. Then it's over. I don't mind saying that after all that getting ready, I really would like to have Christmas last a few days. Like maybe a week long extravaganza. 
Hmmm then again maybe not. 
 I have all the decorations packed up and put away. I bought some cool new Christmas stuff at the after Christmas sales. I'm packing that up today. 

It's New years Eve and I'm having friends over for dinner. I'll be starting to ribs soon. It's time to think about the past year and the New year that lies ahead. I have received some sad news about a family member and a dear friend who will be facing this New Year with Cancer diagnosis and all that entails. I'm already praying. I have again been reminded that the Baby Jesus, whose birth we just celebrated was the same one that made blind men see, lame men walk, and the dead rise. I'm putting my trust in His perfect will for these precious ones. Christmas came again. I love that it is born again each year in my heart. I hope it is in yours also. The time of Miracles is not past. The same God who gave the first and the best gift still desires to give us more. 
I look forward to beginning a New Year with all it's unknowns with the One who knows all.