Friday, December 14, 2012

A Day Of Great Loss...



Today was a quiet day. A reflecting day. I was preparing to attend a memorial Service for a friend from our VFW auxiliary. I was participating in the Auxiliary memorial Service. It was an honor to remember her and her long life of unselfish giving to all those she met, especially our Veterans. 

Before I left to attend the memorial I heard something about a school shooting and my heart sank. I thought "not another one". I went on to the memorial. 

When I returned home it was all over the news. I sat in shock as I heard it. 26 people were dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School -- 20 of them children. I still can not wrap my mind around it. 

As I sit here now. The tears will not stop. My "mother's heart" is breaking. I don't know any of the families, but I feel like those children were mine. I've prayed and will continue to pray for those families and all those who were touched by that horrible tragedy today. someone posted a prayer that Max Lucado wrote today. It says what my heart feels. You can find it here. 

I wondered how I could pray for those families, then I knew in my heart  what God has shown me. When we can't find the words to voice our prayers, God hears our heart's deepest cry. He hears our groans of pain. His word says He counts each tear. We know He heals our broken hearts. He gives us strength to go on. He Heals our physical and emotional wounds. He gives us Comfort in the way only He can. God is big enough to Trust even when we don't understand.