Sunday, June 10, 2012

God's Unending Chain Of Grace....



Today I was reminded again of God's Grace, His Awesome and Amazing Grace. I wandered into the Worship center. I seem to be doing this a lot lately, wandering. You know that feeling, not really there, not really grounded, not really going in a direction, just kind of wandering. I'm not sure I'm going in circles. I know that feeling. No I think just wandering would sum it up pretty well. 

I wasn't expecting anything special. How sad, I had again gotten to a point where I didn't expect to hear anything special from God. The same old same old. Wow, just writing that made me cringe. Not expecting to hear from God. Nothing I'm proud to confess, but the truth. 

What I received this morning was a big dose of God's Unending Grace. It hit me as soon as I stood to hear the Scripture read.  Psalm 103: verses 1-5.. 

Psalm 103

Praise the Lordmy soul; 
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 
Praise the Lordmy soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins 
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion, 
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Wow that hit me like a ton of bricks. I had forgotten. It's easy to do. Why is it so easy to forget All His Benefits. As I sat there; all those benefits listed flung themselves at me. I remembered, I could have hit my knees right there with the weight of all His benefits. The countless Prayers He has answered, The Peace He had given me in times of crisis, The Comfort in times of overwhelming grief. The millions of times He has pronounced to me "Forgiven". The healings, The salvation, The lifting of myself from to many pits to mention.. And all the Blessings of Love, Compassion, and satisfying not only my needs but my wants too. 

How easily we forget. I think for me it's because I don't keep a steady attitude of gratitude. Oh don't get me wrong. I am thankful, but I don't think about it every day. If you ask me I can tell you.. but I don't  "On Purpose" think about it every day. 

A few years ago. I made a point of keeping a gratitude journal.. Every day I had to list 5 things I was thankful to God for. It made me focus on that day and what I was thankful for. Some days it took me a while to come up with 5 things. God's Grace is extended to us Every Day. Are we thankful every day? 
Have you forgotten His benefits. I'm committing to think of what I am thankful for. I'm going to list them here. I'll try to focus on one thing. cause frankly I'm sure it will get pretty boring to read. Even for me. LOL

I hope you will comment and tell me what you are thankful for. Maybe we can do this together. Think about all that God has done for us. Maybe today you don't feel God's unending chain of Grace. Maybe you don't feel like He has done much for you lately. Maybe you feel like He has been totally absent from your day to day life. If you feel like that, or if you feel like me, Like you are wandering aimlessly through your days. Join me. Keep your own Grateful - Thankful - Thank you God list. 

Today These are my five... from the verses above.. 

Today I am Thankful Lord: 
1. That you Forgive ALL, not just some, but you Forgive ALL my sins. 
2. That you Heal me. Thank you for the Dr.'s you have used and for your Touch of Healing. You have healed not only my physical body, but wounds to my heart and my soul.. Thank you.. 
3. That you have Redeemed My life from the pit. Thank you Jesus that you saw my lost-ness and loved me enough to pay the price for my Salvation
4. That You surround me with your Loving Kindness and Mercy. Lord you are so Kind and tender and merciful even when I don't deserve it. 
5. That you satisfy my desires with Good Things. Lord Thank you that you give me dreams and desires and that it Pleases You to give me the desires of my heart. Thank you also that I don't always get what I think I want or need. 

OK, your Turn.....