Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm Looking For The Calm...



I know it's been a while since my last post. Things have been very hectic around here. Our girls (husband's from his first marriage) mom passed away. She was taken to the ER. on May 3rd. and died exactly a week later. There was a lot that went on in that week. There was a shocking diagnosis of Uterine cancer, Surgery that showed that nothing could be done, talks with the Dr.'s with the prognosis of only days to a few weeks of life, transfer to a hospice facility, and exactly one week later The girls watched their mother slip the bonds of this earth and go to the arms of Jesus.

After the shock of that whole week was a few days behind them, plans for a memorial service were made and the service was held on the 19th. Then cleaning out of the trailer had to be done before the end of the month. I felt the pain when one of our girls called crying. She wasn't suppose to packing her mother's things away. Pain, sadness, loss, it has covered our family for the past 3 weeks.

There has also been many lights, kind words of encouragement for the girls and grandchildren. expressions of love sent, cards, flowers, and calls from friends and family. Memories shared, love shared, Hope renewed. Christ's comfort, God's heart peace, and  Prayers answered.

There are still sad days for the girls and the grandkids ahead. It's difficult to think of the special days that will not include their mom. It is a comfort for all of them to know that She is in Heaven and they will see her again.

I'm hoping to fill some of the void. I am praying that God will help me be an extra mom for them. One who loves them and watches over them. I promised their mom I would do just that.