Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful For Photo Memories...

This is a photo of our grandkids from 2003 isn't it grand. 
 from Left to right
Matt now 15, Tim 17, Marisa 18, Jon 19, and Bryan 22. 

I love photos. I have thousands of them. I got my first camera at 10 and have been taking photos ever since. I'm not good at it like my cousin or my niece. I have to take about 50 pictures before I will happen on one that is good. I forget about stuff like background and I get confused about where the sun should be.. behind the subjects, in front of them, etc. So some of my pictures are crummy to say the least. I still love them. I love the faces and the things I accidentally find in them. 

  I love these. The kids are so light and playful. so Happy. So innocent and they were best buddies. 

I could sit forever looking at these photos. I can look at it and hear the laughter, feel the sun, and my heart fills with love and my soul soars. Photos help me remember so much. I noticed again, looking at other photo in this album, how Jon would suck on his middle three fingers, and how Tim would fall asleep before present opening almost every Christmas until he was older. 

The kids would love to cut up for the camera. I could always get some good pictures of them if I let them do a few funny photos. LOL 

The Blue spruce is still the picture tree. I try to have us all gather when we're together in front of it. Some of us are usually missing these days. Miles separate us. There are fewer and fewer time when we are ALL together in the same place, but I continue to take those irritating photos. LOL now I woo them with the words. " the sooner I get the pictures I want, the sooner I'll put the camera away".  

I'm so thankful today for photos and the memories they hold. The memories they trigger. The moments in time they capture. God knew how important they would be for my heart and my soul.  
Get out a few old photos today.. look through them and see what you can find to be thankful for....